In Victoria, as at January 1st 2012, the following items are “Prohibited”, as per the Victorian Control of Weapons Act;
- SWORDS (steel bladed)
- Daggers (double edged knives)
** Please note that this is NOT a complete list of Prohibited weapons in Victoria, simply a list of items that we sell that require an exemption to purchase.
Due to Victorian Control of Weapons Act 1990, we cannot ship prohibited items to a Victorian address, unless you have an exemption. Details on the law, and how to obtain an exemption, can be found at:http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=25574
Once you have an exemption or weapons permit, we will need you to scan your membership card or certificate, as well as a current Victorian drivers license and then send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, so we can send your item quickly.
A fax of this information will not be accepted as the quality is often not good enough for our records.
If you are unsure as to your legal position regarding the ownership of the items you wish to purchase, please contact Police Licensing Services Division on 1300 651 645. They will be able to explain what form of permit or exemption is required for legal ownership of the item(s) in question.
Australian States other than Victoria:
Swords are currently only prohibited in Victoria however Daggers and Crossbows laws vary in each state
As State laws change regularly, it is impossible for us to give exact information regarding the legal status of items in every State of Australia. As such, we strongly suggest that you contact your local State Police Department and ask them for specific information regarding the ownership of items you wish to purchase. Contact details for each State’s relevant departments can be found below.
|ACT||(02) 6256 7747||ACTFirearmsRegistry@afp.gov.au||www.afp.gov.au|
|NSW||1300 362 email@example.com||www.police.nsw.gov.au|
|NT||(08) 8922 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.nt.gov.au/pfes|
|QLD||(07) 3015 email@example.com||www.police.qld.gov.au|
|SA||(08) 8204 2495||SAPOL.FirearmsBranch@police.sa.gov.au||www.sapolice.sa.gov.au|
|TA||(03) 6230 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.police.tas.gov.au|
|VIC||1300 651 email@example.com||www.police.vic.gov.au|
|WA||(08) 9223 firstname.lastname@example.org||www.police.wa.gov.au|
Regional Imports is a licensed prohibited weapons dealer for Victoria and direct importer of prohibited weapons. Prohibited weapons we sell are crossbows, swords, daggers, throwing blades and laser sights (military-law enforcement standard). We will safe-ship all our products if the neccessary documents are provided. All products carry the manufacturers warranty. Regional Imports won’t be held liable for misuse, careless use, unauthorized use and modifications made to the weapon that will also void warranty. Please always use your weapon safely and follow manufactuers instructions. Please find current regulations for prohibited/dangerous weapons below or research your states/territories weapons legislations. If your state/territorry isn’t shown, please contact us for more info. The regulations are periodically updated and can be out of date for a short period of time. Please double check with your state/teritorries licensing service for current legisaltions.
- Victoria: A permit to accquire a prohibited weapon must be present including a certified copy of a current photo ID or the original. This is the link to the Victoria Police websites appliction form. Crossbows, double edged knives, laser pointer etc. are considered a prohibited weapon. http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=3924 Financial members of Archery Australia, ABA, Deerstalker Association or crossbow clubs are exempt from licensing. However, you must apply in writing/email Victoria Police licensing services and ask for exemption. Please keep a copy of VIC Police’s reply, along with your current membership card and photo id. If you are a member of any of the above associations, you must be 18 years of age and already a member for 6 month, before you can purchase a crossbow. To view a list of prohibited weapons please follow this link: http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?document_id=25574
- Western Australia: From September 9th 2011, crossbows are considered a prohibited weapon in Western Australia. A current prohibited weapons permit issued by WA Police/Licensing Services is neccessary or alternatively a Governours Exemption must be in posession. Slingshots are illegal in WA and can’t be sold.
- New South Wales: A permit to accquire a prohibited weapon must be presented to us including a certified copy of a current photo ID and signature. The xbow must be sent to a licensed xbow dealer in NSW that will hand over the xbow and acts as a broker. Slingshots are prohibited weapons in NSW and a permit is essential.
- Queensland: A permit to accquire a dangerous article must be submitted including a certified copy of a current photo ID and signature. The weapon must be transfered to a QLD licensed (M license) dealer who will hand over the weapon to you. You will need to provide us with the dealers license number and contact details. From 2009 a permit to accquire a Laser Pointer/Sight will be neccessary. Slingshots are currently (period) available for sale without the need of a permit. People must be over the age of 18.
- South Australia: A genuine reason to accquire a prohibited article must be provided including a certified copy of a current photo ID and a current archery club/archery association membership with up to date residential adress, or photo ID along with hunting permit or letter of permission to hunt on a private property of the land owner with contact details. If you do not hold an archery assosiation member ship or aren’t an archery club member, or not possess a hunting permitt, you will have to contact SA Police Licensing Services for further info, on how to obtain a permit. There is currently no restriction in accquiring a laser sight. Slingshots are a dangerous article and an excemption (permit) must be presented.
Northern Territory: No permit is required to accquire a crossbow and laser sight. We will need a copy of your current drivers license and a current utility bill showing your current residential adress. (Period) Slingshots are illegal in NT and not available for sale
REGIONAL IMPORTS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT A PERSON MAY LEGALLY PURCHASE, POSSESS, OR CARRY ANY AND ALL ITEMS OFFERED ACCORDING TO FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS. THESE ITEMS INCLUDE ALL THE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE FROM OUR WEBSITE. WE BELIEVE IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO COMPLY WITH FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEM FROM REGIONAL IMPORTS, THE BUYER WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE IS 18+ YEARS OF AGE, IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND IS LEGALLY ABLE TO PURCHASE THESE ITEMS.